Skip to main content

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain.

The steam-breathing drivable mascot

I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining!

Line out

Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Comments

  1. You're right the picture must not do it justice as it's hard to see that it's even rainning. Thank goodness for covered seating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how come only one of the guys wears the old school pilot looking helmets!?! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a scrum cap and it's more of a personal preference but it protects his ears from being pulled when he's in the scrum. Some guys just tape around their head to keep their ears down. But haha, I'm not a rugby expert, that's just what I think it's all about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read Posts

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock