Skip to main content

Happy Costume Dance Party!

Although I may have turned 31, that doesn't mean that I don't have the energy to stay up until 4am dancing and partying!

It's been too many years to count since we've hosted (or been to even!) a costume party. We used to love Halloween partying in Surrey and I wanted to get back into some of that fun with a birthday costume party. Although they call it "fancy dress" here.

Not content with just costumes to make the evening, I secretly enlisted a few girlfriends to help me make it a dance party. Thanks to a spare room, a borrowed speaker and amp, and the strobe setting on a couple of headlamps, we made it happen. Check out the playlist here.

Now, some of us had our costumes planned and made ahead of time and others decided just 6 hours before the party. I will let you figure out which was which.

The skeleton is going to a pirate party. And this pinata doesn't need to be smashed to give out candy.


The dinosaur was friendly as was the suicide bunny even though his carrots were wired up and the clock was counting down. This poor little kitty was a victim of Gareth Morgan but at least she managed to get a bird!

Then our own Effie from The Hunger Games made an appearance with the lovely Audrey Hepburn. And we even hired an old timey bartender for the event and Micheal Jackson was there too.








Easy-E came around and lucky for us he left his gat at home.


Then I was too busy dancing to capture photos of everyone else. The evidence is in my shredded dress! Most of the top two rows of paper wore away with my fancy moves. And if I lifted my arms they were turning very smurfy from the blue crepe paper! Ah well, it might be a one-time use costume. I'll have to think of something else for Halloween this year...


My dress was not the only thing that got shredded. The carpet in the spare room sure got a good wearing out! There were little balls of carpet fluff all over. That's ok though, it was worth it!



So, happy birthday to me for another year!

Comments

  1. great costumes guys! Lots of work went into your costume, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your costume and Dustin's is pretty awesome too. You guys never disappoint when it comes to costumes or dance parties!! Wish I could have joined you. Sweet playlist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock