Skip to main content

This is why I haven't been writing...

Aside from work and general life chores, there is a little project that's been taking up all other waking seconds for nigh on 2.5 weeks... somehow "nigh on" felt like the right thing to say but I don't think I've ever seen it in writing and I have to say I don't even know if I used it right.

Already getting off topic - this has been life for the last little while and also the reason I haven't had a shower at home in 18 days. It's really becoming much easier in the routine to hit the gym in the morning and put in a whole 20 minutes of effort before hitting the shower. But I will really love it when my morning routine can be completed entirely at home as well.














(Now, this - as many renovations seem to go - was not how long it was supposed to take but some extenuating circumstances have contributed to this and all I can say is that all the planning we could have done would not have altered this delay. So the damn universe is conspiring against our showering at home at the moment. But we are moving closer with hopefully an end in sight by tomorrow or Thursday...)





We got lights tonight (which would have helped quite a bit with our painting!) so that instills some amount of normalcy into the usage of the room. Adding the door last week was a big upgrade from the sheet we had hung for the first week or so. Although a door handle would be a good addition.

So, tonight, since I wasn't able to do much while the sparky did his work I did some baking and even made some time for this blog update! But the night is getting late and I need all the rest I can get so I should wind it up.

Stay tuned for before and after shots. But I might be too busy showering to post about that anytime soon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock