Skip to main content

Maybe it's the sunshine.

It might be the fact that there are 25 days until NZ (and only 7 working days in there!)

Maybe it's because I had the tunes cranked and finished work at a decent time considering the mail load today was heavy.

Or the fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies I just made and ate. It might be the promise of homemade guacamole with dinner tonight.

I have a feeling it's a combination of all these things and more - today I kept getting hit by waves of happiness and excitement. Literally, waves of them, from top to toe. Sometimes toe to top. Even yesterday, which by all accounts could have been just terrible, I didn't mind that 3/4 of the way through my route I could feel the rainwater squishing in my boots. I didn't mind that I had the silly idea that it wasn't a gaiter day as I felt my pants soak up more and more rain, wet climbing up my shins. I just kept walking with the knowledge that I wouldn't be stuck out there forever.

As far as weather goes, this job has really made me heartier. On Monday evening, I went for my weekly walk with my friend despite the rainy night. That's what umbrellas are for! Part of that heartiness might be due to the fact that I am not camping in this weather. I think last year's multiple wet camp days instilled a stronger distaste for rain and being outside in it. But I might be cured!

Back to today though. I think I just need to shout out some gratitude for life! I am fortunate to be in a position to make choices that make me happy. I am glad that I am learning to recognize the opportunities to do so and acting upon them.

This is the soundtrack to this great feeling:


"I keep having dreams... We are electric pulses in the pathway of the sleeping soul of the country..."


"We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it. Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it. On and on and on we are calling out and out again. Never looking down, I'm just in awe of what's in front of me..."



Yep, tramps like us, baby we were born to run.

Comments

  1. I flippin' well LOVE this post. I was getting waves of excitement for you! I am really, really happy for you and Dustin. Nothing feels better than fulfilling a dream :)

    Thanks for this - you've make my heart grow all warm and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to warm your heart! Especially in this funny snowy weather. Thanks for the support! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock