Skip to main content

All Boxed Up

As you can see our living room has become a boxing week special as of this afternoon:



Talk about keeners. We don't even move until Friday but are trying to really be ahead of the game as much as possible. So this afternoon we cleared out and cleaned the back two rooms so that there's that much less to do later. We've done a couple trips of taking our landlords' stuff to their storage unit and have one or two more big items of theirs to drop off later this week.

So we are kind of all go here. In that stage where most of what isn't packed is still being used so there's a whole lot of kitchen to box up still. But we're just 6 sleeps away now with offers to help move coming in left and right. So we'll just hope for good weather and be all set! We're planning to just get straight in Friday afternoon. We're both taking a half or whole day off (depending how we're looking Wednesday/Thursday) and as people are off work they will come and help.

I thought I'd share an excerpt from emails we were sending between our mortgage broker and lawyer this week just to clarify final payment details:

Also Dustin, I trust he told you that it is an NZ tradition that when you buy your first house your solicitor arrives bright & early on settlement day with food + drink then helps you shift in & stays all weekend until it is done? 

He's a good man that solicitor of yours. ; )
And the solicitor's reply:

Not Likely!... mortgage brokers on the other hand don’t have much to do on Fridays!
We had such a laugh and it's been lovely to be dealing with people who can still be relaxed about something that's always so serious and dry. So that's a sample of buying a house in NZ.

.....

You must think moving is all we talk about lately as I think my last 3 or 4 posts have been about that topic! Well we don't. Here are some other topics.

My work took everyone and their partners out to dinner this week just to say thanks for working so hard. It was nice because Dustin got to meet my co-workers more. I've been getting into things more and more there and have even made a sale or two and am learning google adwords so I can manage client accounts. The variety is great. I have a group of clients coming in this week and I will be running the training session to show them how to update their website. So every week is mixed  which is cool. It's going well.

Friends of ours are getting married on the South Island next winter so they are getting into wedding planning mode and are going to have crafternoons every month or couple of months to get people together to help them make decorations, plans, etc. We had the first brainstorm session last week so it was cool to meet more of their friends since it will be an out of town wedding and we'll be hanging around with them all for a few days. But for the get together we put the lemon tree in the backyard to good use and made ginger lemonade and a thyme lemonade - and I highly recommend them both! Good thing our new place has a lemon tree too! And that summer is around the corner!

.....

I got my haircut today and decided to bring the fringe back. I can't even remember the last time I had one! So here it is, the new look:


Well it's time to watch the All Blacks throttle the Wallabies so I imagine the next update I post will be from the new place! I hope to also get back into a more regular routine of writing more so keep on reading :)

Comments

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock