Skip to main content

The Home Stretch

For the first time in a long time, after next weekend I won't actually have anything major on my calendar for the weekends! Sure we'll have some birthdays, Christmas parties, projects and fun stuff but the last of 5 events that I've organised or helped organised takes place next week. The others have taken place over the last 6 weeks or so and this means I can look ahead to some free time!

Certainly I enjoy the planning and running of events, I wouldn't have gotten involved if that weren't the case but of course having them all stacked within weeks of each other was more than I expected! So, even yesterday when we were at the clothes swap, I wasn't a bundle of energy the way I usually am. I did have a bad sleep the night before (thanks to drunken angry guy yelling) but it was more than that. I got home around 4pm and was already dozing by 6pm. Of course I couldn't go to sleep that early, so managed to kind of stay awake until 9. I think it's just like overall energy must be running a little low. We just farewelled my sister and her son after just under 3 weeks of them staying with us so it's probably just that many things have wound down and my body decided it was time for some catching up on rest!

It was cool to show another person our house and city - my sister hadn't been to visit yet, and it goes without saying that her 8-month old son hadn't been yet either. So now they know what we get up to down in this part of the world! And now we know what she's been up to for the last 8 months :)

We also finally in the home stretch of the countdown to heading back for a visit. We rarely book trips more than a couple months ahead, let alone like 6 months ahead! So you kind of forget about it until you get closer! We're hoping we get a White Christmas!!

We managed to do some spring cleaning today and this week we'll be back into routine. Dustin has some overnight work coming up soon so he'll get paid to hike and stay at a hut - just what he has been wanting to do for years now!!

As if the 5 events weren't enough, of course there was plenty of other excitement going on over the last 5-6 weeks as well...

Dustin built this mobile meeting room/phone booth for the coworking space I frequent:


Porter found a new playmate:


Ice cream evening walks:



Hoping that you're all doing well our there in reader-land!

Comments

  1. Like the pictures!! How does the mobile office work? Do you tow it behind you when you have to meet someone? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock