Skip to main content

Craft/Beer Room

I know, you're already starting to wonder if we do anything but talk about the house, renovate the house and then talk online about the renovation... I assure you it's not like that but it just seems to easiest to report on, especially with pictures.

So, another short tale of our first home.

Since we moved in, the spare room between the bathroom and the master has been affectionately called the Craft/Beer Room. But actually sharing the space easily has been a little less affectionate. Alas, a solution! A new set of shelves have been installed by our resident building expert and now there's a little more order.



Enough order for me to crack into some projects with my new sewing machine. New projects that will be a little something like this. I already finished one but it was a housewarming gift so I didn't end up taking a photo of it. The next one is also a housewarming gift but I will post a pic soon of one of them... I have about 4 planned and maybe more after that if I really like them.



This room will eventually get painted, hopefully insulate the exterior wall and rip out the horrific pelmets that are above every window! Also we'll be re-flooring it too. So this is a temporary setup until we get to it. But in the meantime it will make it all so much tidier and the boys will have fewer excuses to clutter up my craft table with their detritus.

It's a little funny that we cram so much into the room considering that there is a nearly empty spare room and an office that isn't entirely full. But a nearly empty room is a boon to renovators as we are always shifting and storing stuff there as we work through projects (it's storing our vanity and tower shelf right now). Plus then we'd have a Craft room and a Craft Beer Room which isn't quite as punny as Craft/Beer Room that actually houses crafts and beer. And Craft Office also doesn't have that nice ring to it. So we'll just keep it as it is and maybe if one of the other bedrooms is done up first I'll be inclined to create in a nice updated space and then we'll throw all room-naming fun out the window.

Comments

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock