Skip to main content

We're too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet

Well here we are. Already into late April. And it's definitely getting chilly. I turned on the heat this morning.

Life is moving along so fast. We now have a nephew! And he's already two months old!

Dustin is busy renovating someone else's house these days - but it's only a minute commute for him so that's working well. We did take a break over the summer on our own place but we might be getting back into it soon.

Social stuff has been forefront this summer (ok and technically now autumn). Including our tenth wedding anniversary, a friend's 40th and a beer fest! Then there's a housewarming party this coming weekend too.

I've been busy with developing my business and have been contracting to the company I worked for last year on a project for the last couple of months and I've been working with a couple other clients too. I'm finding bits of time to work on redeveloping my website and getting ready to market myself. Once it's all ready I'll share it here of course :)

It's been going well and it's been very encouraging to feel like things are flowing for me. I'm glad that I decided to make a change and I look forward to what else is to come over the next little while.

I am hoping that once I have a bit of a routine going I can lock in some time to write here more often. I know it's kind of dwindled since we first moved but I do care deeply about keeping connected to our "other lives" so I plan to keep at it.

And yes, the title is from a Taylor Swift song but the sentiment is just so fitting right now. And you just can't help but agree that the best people in life are free...

Comments

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock