Skip to main content

Enrobed in Warmth

As a consolation to myself for another unsuccessful job interview, I wanted to share some pictures from the weekend. Yep, the internal applicant foiled me again! Of course they said I interviewed well and encouraged me to put my name back in if another posting comes up though. I apparently haven't stumbled across what's meant to be yet.

But this lovely day was meant to be:


That was the view from the Okurukuru Winery where we ate lunch on Saturday. It's about ten minutes south of New Plymouth. It was incredibly windy but boy was that water cerulean. I could look at it all day!


I also found some cool features on our camera that I didn't know we had before!



The mighty Mount Taranaki with a bit of cloud around it. This week two hikers got caught in an avalanche up there! Luckily they both survived but it's quite a treacherous place in the winter.


Ok so it wasn't technically still my birthday but I didn't take a picture on the actual day.


Dustin's decadent chocolate cake robed in chocolate ganache. It's funny how chocolate seems to be the only food that we're ok to eat robed. Anything else just makes you think of a bathrobe.


Enchilada dinner with sauce made from scratch! I don't think we could have found a better enchilada in New Zealand. But wait, how did we take a picture like this if we were home by ourselves? Well with a nifty little camera extender my folks sent us in a birthday package. It's a telescopic wand that helps you avoid those close-up self portraits which we're so fond of. Plus you get to see more of the background surrounds! Thanks mom and dad! Works great!


And the beautiful innards of that cake. We just polished off the last piece yesterday...

We got our heat pump on Monday and it's keeping us much warmer now - I don't have to wear my down vest inside! Or two hoodies.

Time for some lunch so I will leave it at that.

Comments

  1. We see you are dressed for the outdoors,indoors. Is the heat pump really working now and you are toasty warm and able to wear less clothing indoors? Sorry to hear you didn't get the job. Boo hoo. You'll find something soon. It's your time to shine gemini! Nice pics. Ha ha. You got your wish for chocolate, didn't you? We remember you saying you wanted chocolate for your birthday cake after making Dustin's carrott cake. Enchiladas looked yummy too!! Always enjoy your writings. Much love to you both.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you should see our landlord - he always wears a thick sweater, indoors and out. The weather report usually gives a rating on how many layers of clothing to wear and half the time I think it's the forecast for indoors too.

      Thanks for the comments!

      Delete
  2. Hooray! I'm so glad you got your heat pump! Finally! And that camera extender works wonderfully, what a great gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are stoked too! haha. It's sort of combating the condensation but we still use the dehumidifier. So weird to get used to!
      Yeah I can't wait to take the camera extender out where it can capture some lovely backgrounds too!

      Delete
  3. OMG that cake!! Happy birthday lady!

    I love the pictures. And it is excellent to hear that you are no longer freezing in your home :)
    xx
    V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cake was as amazing as it looked. Go Dustin the baker! Thanks for the bday wishes!

      Glad you like the pictures, sometimes the beauty down here leaves me in awe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Read Posts

Taranaki Rugby!

Some photos from the game on Saturday afternoon. The wind caused a few wayward kicks and the torrential downpour mid-game made the ball slip all over the place but then the sun came out and Taranaki won! They were playing Canterbury who are now behind them by one place in the rankings. We had fun and managed to walk there and back without catching any of the rain. The steam-breathing drivable mascot I don't think the photo does justice to just how much it was raining! Line out Go the 'Naki! (They are the yellow and black team.)

Not for the squeamish

Well the long hours of work and planning and helping friends demo sheds and paper shuffling and biking and cooking and eating and cleaning have caught up with us and Dustin has relinquished his right to tell his story from last week. **Note, the pictures are gross so beware if you are a little faint seeing blood... So, last Friday I had worked the early shift and was back at home on a call with a virtual assisting client, so naturally my mobile was on silent, and as soon as I hung up, the home phone rang. (This is a phone that only people who have had a part in giving birth to one of us tend to use... that and wrong numbers, we get a surprising number of wrong numbers...) Anyways when Dustin's voice was on the other end the confusion began. "Hi, I'm at the hospital. Come here now." "What happened??" "I'm fine. Just come up here." (Wheels spinning in my head...) "Are you sure? I think it will take me too long to bike because I

Whitecliffs Walkway

About 15,000 people attended the fireworks Early in the evening Our walk at Whitecliffs Walkwa Strongest man competition contender We climbed up this rock